Job Category: Skilled
Business Unit: Motion Electric Motor Services – Mississauga
Status: Permanent Full time
The Machinist is responsible for the setup and operation of machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to repair and produce metal parts used in AC and DC large motor repairs.
- General Machinist certificate or equivalent
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Knowledge of electric AC and DC motors
- Troubleshooting ability
- Available for field service work, overnight travel if required
- Driver License, Crane and Forklift Certification
- Machine different parts on a conventional lathe from a provided sample.
- Ability to calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
- Skilled in measuring, examining and inspecting of complete units in order to detect defects and ensure dimensional conformance to specifications.
- Efficient in aligning large parts and secure onto holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Attentive monitoring the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Reviewing sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Familiar with Babbitt bearings an asset
- Selection of the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of work.
- Perform on-site servicing and repair (if required).
- Other related duties as directed by supervisor.
Efficient, Detail oriented, Reliable, Customer service oriented, Ability to work under pressure,
Work with minimal or no supervision, Work within a cross functional team.
Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs. standing, bending, full body motion in the execution of the role.
Overtime as required, off site work when needed.
Competitive salary; safety boot allowance, Group Insurance Plan which covers life insurance, AD&D, LTD, health (which includes prescription medication) and dental.
If this challenge is interesting to you, we encourage you to join our team!
Delom Group is committed to a policy of equity and equal opportunities.