Job Category: Skilled
Business Unit: Motion Electric Motor Services – Mississauga
Status: Permanent Full time
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Senior Mechanic is a strong hands-on team player who plans, coordinates and executes the mechanic work during on-site service calls. They are a specialist when it comes to dismantling, repairing, assembling and handling big mechanical parts. They are able to take the responsibility to train their teammates and assumes an advisor role. When at the shop, they use their skills to repair rotating equipment.
- Supply and obtain all necessary information to adequately answer customers’ requests.
- Estimates hours and materials required to achieve work.
- Before leaving for field services, determine all safety equipment, field equipment & materials necessary for a field job and assure all necessary equipment is packed and in good operating.
- Does the electromechanical maintenance and repair activities at customer location and in-shop, assembling, dismantling, measurements, modifications, handling parts and component installation.
- Make sure that the team offers a professional service at all time (respecting the rules of conducts, the health & safety, work environment, equipment cleanliness, etc.).
- Manage priorities, control and approve each current steps and making sure that all inspection reports are well completed.
- Make sure that root causes of failure are well identified and solutions are adequate.
- Recommend and implement measures and procedures aiming to improve the department performance and quality control.
- Supply technical support to his team and to customers.
- Perform all other related tasks.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in dismantling and assembling big mechanical parts.
- Great experience and interest regarding external field services at industrial locations.
- Experience in staff management and maintenance planning.
- Forklift and overhead crane certification.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s licence.
- Possession of own tools.
The ideal candidate would have strong collaborative leadership and be motivated by challenges. Be available for travels in America, for periods going from a couple of hours to many days. Consequently, they can adjust to all types of situations. They possess strong mechanical competencies, are logical, curious and never hesitate to share their knowledge with the rest of the team. Finally, exceptional communication skills will be useful for the customer service and for team coordination.
Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs. standing, bending, full body motion in the execution of the role.
Overtime as required, off site work when needed.
Competitive salary; safety boot allowance, Group Insurance Plan which covers life insurance, AD&D, LTD, health (which includes prescription medication) and dental.
If this challenge is interesting to you, we encourage you to join our team!
Delom Group is committed to a policy of equity and equal opportunities.