Job Category: Skilled
Business Unit: Motion Electric Motor Services – Mississauga
Status: Permanent Full time
The Mechanic is responsible for the diagnosis, dismantling, repairing, assembling and testing of AC and DC large motors and handling big mechanical parts.
- Supply and obtain all necessary information to adequately answer customers’ requests.
- Electromechanical maintenance and repair of AC and DC motors.
- Troubleshoot and inspect various electric motors to determine cause of failure.
- Determine extent of repair required, required materials, time line estimations and report findings in order to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Motor disassembly, inspection and testing of components, cleaning and reconditioning.
- Test and inspect electrical and mechanical components and systems using testing and measuring instruments.
- Assemble the different units and make final adjustments according to the tolerance and equipment type.
- Test run and record the parameters such as voltage, amps and vibration etc.
- Review values recorded during assembly and make sure that those values conform to the customer specifications and quality standards of the company.
- Perform on-site servicing and repair (if required).
- Other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- General Mechanic certificate or equivalent.
- 3+ years relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of electric AC and DC motors an asset.
- Troubleshooting ability.
- Available for field service work, overnight travel if required.
- Driver License, Crane and Forklift Certification.
Willingness to learn, Positive Attitude, Efficient, Detail oriented, Reliable, Customer service oriented, Ability to work under pressure, Work with minimal or no supervision, Work within a cross functional team.
Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs. standing, bending, full body motion in the execution of the role.
Overtime as required, off site work when needed.
Competitive salary, safety boot allowance, Group Insurance Plan which covers life insurance, AD&D, LTD, health (which includes prescription medication) and dental.
If this challenge is interesting to you, we encourage you to join our team!
Delom Group is committed to a policy of equity and equal opportunities.