Job Category: Skilled
Business Unit: Motion Electric Motor Services – Mississauga
Status: Permanent Full time
The Electric Motor Winder is responsible for the winding and repair of stators, rotors, armatures, specialty coils and field coils.
- Manual Dexterity
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Knowledge of electric AC and DC motors
- Troubleshooting ability
- Available for field service work, overnight travel if required
- Driver License, Crane and Forklift Certification
- Dismantle, strip and record winding data.
- Rewind various kinds of motors including AC/DC, form wound coils, armatures and wound rotors.
- Prepare and cut insulations.
- Make randon coils when required.
- Insert copper coil in the stator with appropriate methods.
- Make connections (brazing and soldering).
- Complete varnish, bake and dip processes.
- Assemble, test and complete required paperwork.
- Perform surge test/hi-pot and megger.
- Troubleshoot and inspect various electric motors to determine cause of failure.
- Determine extent of repair required, report and record findings in line with customer requirements.
- Perform on-site servicing and repair (if required).
- Other related duties as directed by supervisor.
Efficient, Detail oriented, Reliable, Customer service oriented, Ability to work under pressure,
Work with minimal or no supervision, Work within a cross functional team.
Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs. standing, bending, full body motion in the execution of the role.
Overtime as required, off site work when needed.
Competitive salary; safety boot allowance, Group Insurance Plan which covers life insurance, AD&D, LTD, health (which includes prescription medication) and dental.
If this challenge is interesting to you, we encourage you to join our team!
Delom Group is committed to a policy of equity and equal opportunities.